This page contains many useful and high quality Army practice test materials. Plus our own free practice psychometric test options listed below.
Army Practice Test Materials
Army Aptitude Testing
The British Army use a wide range of psychometric tests. This is for both Army Officer Selection Board (the AOSB) and for Soldier Selection.
Soldier Aptitude Testing Introduction
- The British Army Recruit Battery test (the BARB) is used as the first part. Plus, several physical fitness tests.
- Your BARB score determines your suitable soldier roles. This is on the basis of cut-off scores. The known score ranges equate to your level of reasoning abilities. There are 5 Army soldier aptitude sub-tests.
- Reasoning test / logical reasoning ability test.
- Letter checking.
- Number distance.
- Odd one out word test.
- Symbol rotation test.
Free Armed Services – Army practice test materials
In our opinion, you should start with our own free Armed Services practice aptitude tests below.
Firstly, Practice Literacy Test
Secondly, RAF Practice Test Links
Thirdly, Navy practice aptitude tests
- Firstly, free practice abstract reasoning tests.
- Secondly, LNAT critical verbal reasoning tests.
- Thirdly, Practice literacy tests and numeracy tests.
- Next, Aptitude test tips.
- Then, Aptitude test practice.
- Also, Numerical reasoning test practice.
- Next, Situational judgement test practice.
- Then, Passing situational judgment tests.
- Situational judgment test tips.
- Also, Verbal reasoning test practice.
- Plus, Verbal reasoning test tips.
- SHL test practice.
- Cubiks test practice.
- Finally, UKCAT test practice.
Army Aptitude Test Design
Rob Williams Assessment has worked extensively with the British Army. We developed numerical reasoning test designs for trainee soldiers. Also, for trainee Officers in the Army. This large project involved:
- Designing over 20 SJTs.
- 2 realistic job previews.
- 2 ability tests (numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning).
- Personality questionnaires and
- Career guidance tests.
The three primary abilities are key to Army training:
- Firstly, Numerical ability.
- Secondly, Verbal ability.
- Thirdly, Spatial ability.
Army Officer Aptitude Test Design
- Army Officer verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning tests were created.
- A bespoke Army Officer personality questionnaire for use at the ADSC selection centre at Sandhurst.
- A decision-making test was also created for Army Officers.
Army Soldier Practice Test Design
First of all, a situational judgement test. Secondly, a realistic job preview was designed for Army soldiers. The most effective questions were kept based on the trial results analysis. So, to summarise, two tests were created. An Army soldier numeracy skills. Plus, a Soldier literacy skills test.
Psychometric test practice tips
We believe these are the best general practice tips:
- Firstly, practise right up to your test day.
- Secondly, study the format of your test questions.
- Thirdly, use questions of a similar format and difficulty level.
- Fourthly, look up new words in the dictionary.
- Next, keep your Army practice test focused on those test materials that are closest to the actual test you will be taking.
- Finally, focus on why you keep getting particular questions wrong.