Rob Williams Assessment Ltd specialise in designing bespoke psychometric tests and also assessment centre design for individual clients.
Assessment Centre Design
A key part of any assessment project is identifying the most important criteria for successful performance. We can help you apply the assessment techniques that business psychology has shown to be the most effective for selecting high job performers, including assessment centres, competency-based interviewing and aptitude testing. If you plan to conduct a senior managerial assessment and/or wish to use a range of psychometric tests, then Rob Williams Assessment can advise you on the products that best fit your requirements.
Having worked for many of the UK’s leading consultancies, Rob Williams has extensive experience of assessment for recruitment and for development.
Assessment Exercise Design
In addition to leading and assessing on hundreds of centres, Rob Williams has designed many assessment exercises. The areas of assessment expertise which Rob Williams Assessment Ltd offer is as follows:
- Assessment Centre design
- Competency-based Interviews and Interview Guide Design
- Development Centre design and development exercise design
The reliability of any exercise depends upon many factors, in particular the…
- Quality of the competency framework
- Use of experienced and well-briefed / well-trained assessors
- Relevance of the exercise brief to the role being assessed
Assessment Exercise design projects
- Group exercise design for a financial services regulator as a Mendas associate (winner of the Association of Graduate Recruiters 2008 award for the Best Graduate Recruitment Scheme, as shown on the OnRec website)
- Designing a full set of assessment centre exercises for a police constabulary: competency-based interview design, written exercise design, presentation design, assigned group exercise design, unassigned group exercise design (police sector)
- Role play design and in-tray exercise designs for education
- Role play and written exercise design (business consultancy organisation)
- Graduate assessment exercise design and delivery (role plays, competency-based interviews, group exercises)
Assessment Centre History
Assessment centres have a well-proven track record for recruiting new employees and selecting existing staff for promotion. Research supports their use as one of the most valid and fair processes available to occupational psychologists – if used in accordance with best practice.
An assessment centre is typically run over a day to allow a full range of assessment exercises (see written exercise, intray exercise, presentation exercise, role play, group exercise) to be administered. Group exercises and presentation exercises are particularly popular for graduate assessment centres. Whilst psychometric tests are also likely to be involved in the assessment process, it is common now to use aptitude tests at an earlier sift stage, so only those who pass get invited to the assessment centre. A personality questionnaire may also be completed prior to the assessment centre and the results used to inform the competency-based interview.