Top ten video interviewing tips
- The most important tip is to remember that many of the good practices you’re familiar with for face-to-face interviews will still apply. In particular you will need to dress smart and to appear well-groomed. Also, ensure that you maintain eye contact as much as possible with the camera.
- The second most important tip is to answer the video interview questions as concisely as possible. Make the most efficient use of the time available for each question. There will be a countdown timer, so use it as your guide!
- Show some consideration for your video interviewing company. If it is a reputable, research-driven video interviewing company (such as HireVue) there will be software analysing your changes in facial expression and body lanaguage. Plus, content analysis softward to analyse your interview answers.
What are the implications for conducting a valid interview?
- Keep your camera steady
- Keep your head and shoulders positioned square on to your camera
- Rest your camera on a flat surface
- Ensure that the room where you are conducting the interview is well-lit.