Our focus here is on game based assessment practice.
Game based assessment practice tips
It is much harder to improve your scores in digital assessments. So many data points are collected that the best advice is to merely follow the instructions provided by the game based assessment provider.
- Firstly, mobile first is the motto of the game based assessment industry. Expect to take the game based assessment practice via your mobile phone. So, as with traditional psychometric test practice, remember the importance of: Making your environment as quiet and disturbance free as possible; For mobile game based assessment practice that means switching your mobile phone on to its ‘Do Not Disturb’ setting.
- Secondly, as with any psychometric test, try to be relaxed.
- Thirdly, remember that both speed and accuracy are two key measures of most game based assessments.
- Fourthly, the aim behind game based assessment is to collect as many data points as possible.
- Fifthly, treat your game based assessment just as you would a face-to-face interview….
- Next, as soon as you enter the company building, the company staff are assessing you for fit with the company culture that they belong to…
- And so you therefore need to ensure that everything you do once you logon to the assessment conveys the right message. Some GBA companies measure micro movements like how you move your mouse.
- Finally, that is the level of detailed info that gamified assessments can measure. Remember game based assessment companies aim to collect 1000’s, if not 10,000s data points about you and your performance.
Game design books
- Games, Design and Play: A detailed approach to iterative game design
- Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C#, 2nd Edition
Free psychometric test practice
- Firstly, Aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice.
Secondly, Numerical reasoning test practice.
Thirdly, Verbal reasoning test practice.
And next, Situational judgement test practice.
Also then, Passing situational judgment tests.
Plus, Situational judgment test tips.
And then, Verbal reasoning test practice and Verbal reasoning test tips.
Also next, SHL test practice.
Plus, Cubiks test practice.
And finally, UKCAT test practice.