Police situational judgement and aptitude career tests
If you’re applying to become a police officer, as well as fitness tests, you’re likely to encounter tests covering language, numeracy and information handling.
Numeracy tests – similar to numerical reasoning tests.
Language tests – the language test is not quite the same as a verbal reasoning it is more testing knowledge of language. Although some of the tests are tests comprehension skills, similar to our verbal reasoning tests.
Information handling tests – can contain elements of numerical and verbal reasoning along with data analysis.
Example of Police numeracy test.
- Community Support Officer practice tests
- Police Assessment Centre practice
- Commissioners practice
- Gold police practice tests bundle
- Platinum police practice tests bundle
- Silver police practice tests bundle
Call Centre Operational Career Tests
These are likely to focus on your communication style and competencies such as problem-solving and customer service delivery.
Engineering Career Tests
Rob Williams Assessment Ltd has worked on many situational judgement tests for the graduate entry schemes of engineering companies. In addition to these SJT’s these organisations will typically assess their graduate intake with these three engineering aptitude tests: numerical reasoning test; verbal reasoning test; and diagrammatic reasoning test. See an example of the specific Fault Diagnosis engineering test here.
Cabin Crew, Customer Service Career Tests
The actual psychometric tests used are very dependent on the airline. Most airlines use numerical and verbal reasoning test and some also use a personality test and/or situational judgement test.
Fire-fighter Career Tests
- Firefighter Application Form tips.
- Interview tips for firefighters.
- Online Firefighter practice tests.
- Firefighter practice tests.
- Online firefighter course.
Firefighters call their tests ‘working with numbers’, ‘understanding information’ and ‘situational awareness and problem solving’ – but these all align very much with the standard tests mentioned above. If you’re going through the Fire-fighter selection process you will also need to partake in physical ability tests. Some fire brigades also require candidates to sit a personality
Managerial Career Tests
- Broad range from team leader to senior manager levels.
- As graduates progress into managers, a more difficult test is needed.
- More complex item formats to the graduate numerical reasoning test described below.
Managerial Verbal Reasoning Test
- Most graduate management schemes require some level of verbal reasoning.
- Typically, true/False/Cannot Say items.
- With 4-5 questions per 1-2 paragraphs of text.
- Verbal reasoning test text can be sector specific.
Graduate Careers Tests
|Most graduate management schemes require some level of numerical skills.|
|Typically 4-5 questions per graph/data table.|
Graduate Critical Verbal Reasoning Test
|– Having critical verbal reasoning is a useful differentiator.|
– A critical verbal reasoning test differentiates from the high levels of competition for numerical and
verbal reasoning graduate aptitude tests.
|– For example, the law entrance format (the LNAT).|
Graduate Abstract Reasoning Test
- Graduates have a broad range of aptitude.
- Abstract reasoning is difficult to practice for.
- Abstract reasoning tests are used by the most selective recruiters.
Psychometric test practice
- Firstly, Aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice.
- Secondly, Numerical reasoning test practice.
- Thirdly, Verbal reasoning test practice.
- And next, Situational judgement test practice.
- Also then, Passing situational judgment tests.
- Plus, Situational judgment test tips.
- And then, Verbal reasoning test practice and Verbal reasoning test tips.
- Also next, SHL test practice.
- Plus, Cubiks test practice.
- And finally, UKCAT test practice.