Let’s start with a list of all our free UKCAT practice tests: UKCAT verbal reasoning test practice; Quantitative reasoning test practice; UKCAT Decision Analysis test practice; Situational judgement test practice; and the UKCAT abstract reasoning test practice.
The links for each of these free UKCAT practice tests are shown below.
- UKCAT verbal reasoning test practice
- Quantitative reasoning test practice
- UKCAT Decision Analysis test practice
- Situational judgement test practice
- UKCAT abstract reasoning test practice
Free UKCAT Practice SubTests
Practice UKCAT Quantitative reasoning tests
Free UKCAT practice situational judgement tests
Here are our tips for the UKCAT practice situational judgement test
Get Into Medicine UKCAT test practice
UKCAT Practice Sub-Test Tips
UKCAT Abstract Reasoning Practice Test Tips
– The key is to always identify those patterns that differentiate Set A from Set B. You can find further UKCAT abstract reasoning test practice tips here.
– Abstract reasoning test practice for the latest abstract reasoning test formats (from 2015 on) is available here. Practice for the pre-2014 UKCAT abstract reasoning test formats can be found here.
UKCAT Situational Judgement Test Tips
– The new UKCAT SJT test format means you can give the same rating to all response options. If, for example, two were Inappropriate and two were Appropriate that’s fine.
– Timeframe is very important to the correct answer. Consider how appropriate each response option is to both the short-term and to the long-term.
– Even when there are 4 response options this does not mean that one is Very Appropriate, Appropriate, Inappropriate and Very Inappropriate.
UKCAT Verbal reasoning test practice
Let’s begin with the excellent reading and verbal reasoning skills which all doctors and dentists. complex medical facts and advice needs to be communicated to patients in a way that can be clearly understood. Plus, doctors and dentists need to understand research papers and to interpret medical findings and recommendations.
UKCAT Quantitative reasoning test practice
So, doctors regularly analyse data presented in medical research statistics. Also, numerical reasoning skills are used to make accurate drug dosages and to manipulate data such as patient weight and height – as well as age-related health risks.
Free UKCAT Practice – UKCAT Abstract reasoning test
So, doctors review patients’ symptoms together with the results of various tests. Also, a judgement is made on the complex mixture of information sources by focusing on the key information. Thus, the process involves abstract reasoning skills.
Free UKCAT Practice – UKCAT Decision analysis
So, the Decision analysis test in the UKCAT assesses the effectiveness of making decisions. Particularly, when information is ambiguous or presented in a confusing way.
Just as a doctor pieces together info from a variety of sources before making a medical diagnosis.
Free UKCAT Practice – Situational judgement test practice
Firstly, there is no need for medical knowledge, the UKCAT SJT scenarios test integrity, team working and several other competencies. Thus, the specific UKCAT SJT rationale is to test medical applicants’ understanding of ethics. Plus, other key aptitude areas, such as being able to work in a team and to manage high workloads.
Next, the SJT approach has the advantage of assessing in a fair and face valid way. There has been consistent research evidence demonstrating the high reliability and validity of SJTs over the last 45 years.
Verbal Reasoning Subtest Format
First, you need to read the passage very carefully. To gain an understanding of its contents/messages. Then to attempt to answer questions associated with that passage.
Next, each question is a single statement and you will need to decide if that statement is true or false. Hence, the third answer option is to answer that you Cannot Say.
Finally, you will find the following free online psychometric tests to take:
- Firstly, our free Situational judgement test practice, including SJT report
- Secondly out free online abstract reasoning test
- Thirdly, our free online personality test, including personality test report.