Rob Williams Assessment Ltd specialise in psychometric designs and other assessment design services.
email@example.com I +44 (0)77915 06395
Rob Williams Assessment Ltd specialise in designing highly predictive psychometric solutions. In particular, situational judgement test design, realistic job preview design, aptitude test design and personality questionnaire design.
We work across a wide range of sectors and job roles. Our tailor-made psychometric offerings are as unique as our clients’ organisations.
Headed up by Rob Williams – the highly experienced author of five books on psychometric testing. Our organisation prides itself on client satisfaction. We have many positive LinkedIn reviews from our big client projects.
Our consultancy work focuses on aptitude test practice and bespoke psychometric test design. We believe in the benefits of practice and ensuring fairness in testing. We therefore offer some practice aptitude tests and some practice psychometric tests. The intention is to promote as ‘level a playing-field’ as possible.
Psychometric consultancy services provided:
- Test design;
- Ability test design and
- Aptitude test design. Encompassing all of the following:
- Verbal reasoning test design;
- Numerical reasoning test design;
- Abstract reasoning test design; and
- Knowledge skills test design.
Fit Tools / Sift Assessments
Bespoke personality test design
Peersonality test design clients include Reed, three, and Talentful.
Bespoke situational judgement test design
Situational judgement test design clients include BUPA, Citibank, British Airways and Boots.
Bespoke aptitude test sifts
Aptitude test design clients include EPSO, Kenexa IBM and HireWindow.
What is a “Psychometric Test”?
A psychometric test is a series of written or practical tests which assess a clearly defined sample of human behaviour. There are many different types of psychometric tests, including measures of skill, ability, intelligence, personality, motivation and interests. Psychometric tests can play a useful role in the assessment and development of individuals. They can give objective evidence of the human attributes they measure, and have been shown to be one of the best predictors of job performance when used in selection. In practice, they are generally used in conjunction with other methods such as interviews to give the “whole picture”.
Psychometrically Sound Tests
To be psychometrically sound a test must be:
- Objective – the results obtained are not influenced by the administrator’s personal characteristics or irrelevant factors such as the colour of a test-taker’s socks.
- Standardised – the test is administered and scored according to standard procedures and people’s scores are compared to known standards.
- Reliable – the test measures in a consistent way. The potential error is small and is quantifiable.
- Valid – the test measures the characteristics which it set out to measure. A test used to select a job applicant should predict job performance. A test of verbal abilityy should predict this area and not some other skill.
- Discriminating – the test should show clear differences between individuals on the behaviour being tested. It should not be discriminatory I.e. unfairly discriminating against minority groups on the basis of irrelevant characteristics
Psychometric Test Projects
Rob Williams has over twenty years experience of bespoke psychometric test design. Plus ten years prior to this spent working for several of the UK’s leading test publishers. These include: IBM, OPP, SHL and HireVue.
Blended assessment project:
- Situational judgment test design;
- Numerical reasoning test design;
- Verbal reasoning test design
- Personality questionnaire design.
For these two British Airways roles:
– Cabin crew assessment; and
– Customer service representative assessment.
BUPA Psychometric Test Design
- Design of realistic job preview.
- Design of Situational judgment test.
- Best practice was followed throughout the design process in SJT design.
- An SJT was produced which successfully incorporated a range of care home-specific scenarios.
- The most suitable set of scenarios could be hand-picked at the SME panel meeting, as well as gaining buy-in and discussing implementation.
- Providing some scenarios for telephone interview sifts.
- Setting a suitable cut-off and validating the tool.
EPSO Psychometric Test Design
- Development of project management test.
- Design of IT skills-based aptitude tests.
Verbal Reasoning practice test book
Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.
Numerical reasoning Tests.
Brilliant Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests has plenty of numerical reasoning test practice. As does Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.
Also, keep an eye on our STEM career guides page for a more detailed look at different top jobs in the UK.
Work Styles assessment
We will work with you to design the most suitable work styles tool to suit your needs. Examples of the typical personality test format can be found here.
Our Bespoke Personality Questionnaire design process aims to:
- include dimensions identified as key to the role being assessed
- reflect the personality, attitudinal and motivational aspects of the role-specific dimensions
- have face valid questions
- be capable of completion in 20 minutes approx.
- adopt a single-stimulus question format (Likert scale)
- adopt a normative format of scoring utilising a sten look-up table (for each personality scale)
- use a Social Desirability scale to deal with the issue of faking or extreme scoring patterns
Key work personality test design stages
The ideal for personality questionnaire design is to have sets of items on each scale measuring the same latent variable – as described by the scale name and the scale descriptors. This is what is meant by the internal reliability of a personality questionnaire’s set of scales.
Our Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests book
Free practice tests associated with this book are available on the publisher’s website:
part 1 Getting to grips with your test
- Firstly, Getting started
- Secondly, Practice makes perfect
- Thirdly, Mastering reading comprehension
- Fourthly, Sharpen your critical reasoning skills
- Fifthly, Succeed on test day
part 2 Time to practice
- Firstly, Warm up tests
- Secondly, Reading comprehension tests
- Thirdly, Verbal reasoning tests
- Fourthly, Critical reasoning tests
Numerical Reasoning Test Practice book
Firstly, our numerical reasoning test practice book contains hundreds of practise questions.
part 1 Getting to grips with your test.
- Firstly, Getting started.
- Secondly, Practice makes perfect.
- Thirdly, Brush up your maths skills.
- Fourthly, Succeed on test day.
part 2 Time to practice.
- Firstly, Basic numerical reasoning tests.
- Secondly, Numerical comprehension tests
- Thirdly, Warm-up numerical reasoning tests
- Fourthly, Numerical critical reasoning tests
- Fifthly, Numerical data interpretation tests
- Sixthly, Advanced numerical data interpretation
Additional Psychometric test practice
- Firstly, Aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice.
- Secondly, Numerical reasoning test practice.
- Thirdly, Verbal reasoning test practice.
- And next, Situational judgement test practice.
- Also then, Passing situational judgment tests.
- Plus, Situational judgment test tips.
- And then, Verbal reasoning test practice and Verbal reasoning test tips.
- Also next, SHL test practice.
- Plus, Cubiks test practice.
- And finally, UKCAT test practice.
Our Psychometric Design Toolkit
Strengths Psychometric ~ Our psychometric test design – Psychometric design criteria ~ Our personality test design ~ Work personality test design – Personality asssessment design – Realistic Job Preview Design.