We believe we offer the best free Army test practice.
This is because we helped to create many of the psychometric Army tests designs in the first place!
All our free army Test Practice resources are very easy to download and use!
British Army practice tests, assessment advice and application tips are available here. For both Army Officers and Army soldiers.
Premium Armed Services practice tests
* * * Firstly, our popular RAF test practice.
Then next our Army test practice.
And finally, Navy test practice. * * *
Our Free Armed Services psychometric Practice Tests
- Most of our aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice resources are offered free of charge.
- Firstly our how to Pass Army psychometric Tests. and secondly our popular feature describing
- Then next our Our Army assessment design project and new Army psychometric test designs.
Soldier Aptitude Test Introduction
The British Army uses a wide range of psychometric tests. This is for both the Army Officer Selection Board (the AOSB) and for Soldier Selection.
The British Army Recruit Battery test (the BARB) is used as the first part. Plus, several physical fitness tests.
Your BARB score determines your suitable soldier roles. This is on the basis of cut-off scores. These are the five Army soldier aptitude sub-tests:
- Reasoning test / logical reasoning ability test.
- Letter checking.
- Number distance.
- Odd one out word test.
- Symbol rotation test.
Army Officer Aptitude Tests Intro
- The Army Oficer Aptitude tests assess your numerical, verbal and spatial reasoning skills.
- Each test is presented under exam conditions with a strict time limit.
Army Officer Aptitude Tests Tips
- There are a specific number of multiple choice questions, and you must answer as many as possible in the time allowed.
- Your score will be compared with those of the Army Officer applicant ‘norm’ group, based upon previous years’ Army Officer applicants.
Personality Test for Army Officers Intro
This profiles your personality. The personality test is used as part of the interviewing process. Specifically, to flag where interview questions should probe further.
Our top personality test tips
Here are some useful tips for the Army Officer personality test:
- Obtain practice material from the AOSC (Army Officer Selection Centre).
- Remember that are not expected to answer all the questions.
- But you must be as accurate as possible since marks are deducted for wrong answers.
- You haven’t got time to check each of your answers thoroughly so don’t!
Army Officer Competencies
- The need to recognise and respond to the requirements and expectations of military discipline.
- Plus also having the Army Officer discipline to follow orders.
Army Officers’ military awareness
- To understand how military expectations differ from civilian ones.
- Also, to emphasise the appropriateness of certain types of behaviours over others at a general level.
Commitment Army Officer competency
- To the Army life.
- And commitment to your fellow Officers and Soldiers.
- To fulfil all the requirements and demands that Army duties place on individuals.
Sociability Army Officer competency
- The importance and strength gained through connection with others.
- In particular during Army training.
- Plus the early adaptation period to Army life.
Resilience Army Officer competency
- The importance of being able to deal with challenges and adversity.
- As well as, being able as an Army Officer to recover resiliently from setbacks.
- Plus, to remain focused.
Army Officer Competency-based Design
The intention was to provide a framework for creating SJT scenarios. Item writers were also well informed about the Army values. The Army’s description of its values provided a second framework structure for item writing management.
Army psychometric test designs
Welcome to our Army psychometric test designs from our work with Officer Selction team at AOSB.
We developed numerical reasoning test designs for trainee soldiers and for trainee Officers in the Army.
In our opinion this is one of the largest test development projects of its kind. It involved many strands of Army test design. Firstly, designing over 20 SJTs. Then, two realistic job previews.
Also, we designed three ability tests. Plus, personality questionnaires. Finally, career guidance tests.
Army tests were created by Rob Williams Assessment Ltd. Plus, we designed, several Officer-based situational judgement tests. And a ‘Soldier’ situational judgment test. Plus, Verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning tests for use at ADSC.
Also, we designed a bespoke personality questionnaire for Army Officer ADSC selection centre at Sandhurst.
British Army Aptitude Test Design Example
Psychometric lead role with Kenexa IBM; managing twenty associates. The psychometric test developer team I led developed over twenty psychometric tests;
- Situational judgement tests for Officers and for Soldiers.
- Realistic job previews for Officers and for soldiers.
- Bespoke ability test designs, including numercial reasoning test design, verbal reasoning test design and problem-solving test design (for Officers).
- Ability tests including numercay aptitude test design, literacy aptitude test design and spatial reasoning test design(soldiers).
- Officer personality questionnaire.
- Soldier career guidance tools.
Popular STEM military career opportunities
Five increasingly popular jobs after working for the military are:
- Business and Finance
- Social Work
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) offers fast-growing opportunities. In particular, these STEM roles:
- Cyber security.
- Information Security Analyst.
- Computer Network Architects.
- Civil Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Medical Scientists (clinical).
- Medical Scientists (lab).
Cyber security career options
This information technology security / cyber security uses technology to monitor, mitigate and prevent online threats.
Secondly, cyber security work is interesting and thirdly, there are plenty of job opportunities. In our opinion and most importantly, the pay is pretty good too!
Armed services jobs that transition well are:
- Army Cyber Operations Specialists.
- RAF Cyber Security Specialists.
- Navy Cyber Security Engineers (Officer), Cryptologic and Info Systems Technicians.
- Army Information Assurance Technicians.
- Info Systems Technicians.
Our free literacy practice tests / free numeracy practice tests
Army test practice