We offer free Army test practice, Navy test practice and RAF test practice. In our opinion, these are a good place to start your practice.
Our Armed Services practice tests
Our Army practice tests.
JobTestPrep Army practice tests
British Army Literacy test practice.
Secondly, British Army Recruitment Test (numeracy test practice).
RAF Army test practice
Our free RAF practice tests.
Also useful for you to read our.
Navy test practice
Firstly, our free Navy practice aptitude tests.
Officer verbal reasoning test design
The Army Officer verbal reasoning tests format:
- Similar formats to those off-the-shelf tests with good psychometric properties.
- Same format as the MAPP tests at AOSB meaning there is item invariance between the verbal Officer Cognitive Screener tests and MAPP.
- Accessible to a wide range of ability levels and age ranges
- Simulates ‘officer/management level’ decision-making.
- The response options (true, false, cannot tell) assess the ability to comprehend the written information and then determine whether further statements logically follow from this information or not (true or false options) or whether there is insufficient information in the passage to determine whether a statement follows or not (cannot tell).
Numerical reasoning test rationale
The Army Officer numerical reasoning tests format:
- Firstly, is the same as the MAPP tests at AOSB. So, there is item invariance between the numerical Officer Cognitive Screener tests and MAPP.
- Secondly, is accessible to a wide range of ability levels and age ranges.
- Thirdly, simulates ‘officer/management level’ numerical requirements.
- Questions require the application of basic mathematical concepts to answer them and ‘problem-solving’ rather than computational ability, so ensuring validity with the kinds of numerical tasks officers need to perform.
Verbal Reasoning practice test book
Rob Williams’s five practice aptitude tests books are all available on Amazon:
Firstly, we wrote the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.
Here is the Amazon link: Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.