We offer free Army test practice, Navy test practice and RAF test practice. In our opinion, these are a good place to start your practice.
Our Armed Services practice tests
Our free Army Test Practice
Let’s start with our free Army practice.
Secondly, our practice Army Literacy Test.
RAF Army test practice
Thirdly, our free RAF practice tests.
RAF practice verbal reasoning test.
RAF Test Tips
Also useful for you to read our RAF practice tips.
Navy Army test practice
Firstly, our free Navy practice aptitude tests.
Then you can access our free Navy numeracy practice test.
Navy Test Tips
Our Navy aptitude test tips.
Armed Service Test practice
Should you require more practice we also partner with JobTestPRep, although you need to pay for their Army practice tests:
Army aptitude tests
RAF aptitude test practice
General aptitude tests practice
Practice numerical reasoning tests; and Navy practice tests.
Army Cognitive Test Rationales
- Tests use an established format seen in many off-the-shelf tests that are known to result in good psychometric properties
- The format is the same used by the MAPP tests at AOSB meaning there is item invariance between the verbal Officer Cognitive Screener tests and MAPP
- Has been shown to be accessible to a wide range of ability levels and age ranges
- Simulates ‘officer/management level’ decision-making where officers are presented with summary information, assumed to be reliable, on which decisions have to be made, meaning the format has face validity
- The response options (true, false, cannot tell) assess the ability to comprehend the written information and then determine whether further statements logically follow from this information or not (true or false options) or whether there is insufficient information in the passage to determine whether a statement follows or not (cannot tell).
Numerical reasoning test rationale
The Army Officer numerical reasoning tests use an established format seen in many off-the-shelf tests that are known to result in good psychometric properties. The format:
- Firstly, is the same used by the MAPP tests at AOSB meaning there is item invariance between the numerical Officer Cognitive Screener tests and MAPP.
- Secondly, has been shown to be accessible to a wide range of ability levels and age ranges.
- Thirdly, simulates ‘officer/management level’ numerical requirements where officers are presented with numerical information in a variety of formats and have to use this information to answer numerically-based questions, meaning the format has face validity.
- Questions require the application of basic mathematical concepts to answer them and ‘problem-solving’ rather than computational ability, so ensuring validity with the kinds of numerical tasks officers need to perform.
- The calculations required to answer questions and the values involved should be written in a way that they can be readily solved without the need to use calculators.
Verbal Reasoning practice test book
Numerical Reasoning practice test book
Firstly, some useful mental Maths practice. .
Secondly, how to improve your spelling and grammar.
Also, here’s some extra practice to improve your literacy skills and your Spelling and Grammar.