This page contains many useful and high quality Army practice test materials. Plus our own free practice psychometric test options listed below.
Our Army practice tests
Secondly, Army practice test bundle two.
Our own free RAF Practice Test Links
Soldier Aptitude Test Introduction
The British Army use a wide range of psychometric tests. This is for both Army Officer Selection Board (the AOSB) and for Soldier Selection.
- The British Army Recruit Battery test (the BARB) is used as the first part. Plus, several physical fitness tests.
- Your BARB score determines your suitable soldier roles. This is on the basis of cut-off scores. The known score ranges equate to your level of reasoning abilities. There are 5 Army soldier aptitude sub-tests.
- Reasoning test / logical reasoning ability test.
- Letter checking.
- Number distance.
- Odd one out word test.
- Symbol rotation test.
Army Officer selection day
It is like an assessment centre. Not really a place; rather it is a lengthy process for selecting
people for jobs.
• Army Offier assessment on a number of dimensions – for example: leadership ability,
team working, decision making.
• A range of Army Officer assessment techniques – for example: interviews, psychometric
tests, individual and group exercises.
• A number of high ranking Army Officer assessors to make the selection process is as fair as possible. The decision to hire is made by consensus.
• Several Army Officer candidates being observed together. This makes the selection
process more meaningful. Since you can be assessed both individually and as part of
Army Officer Aptitude Tests Intro
- These assess your numerical, verbal and diagrammatic or spatial reasoning skills.
- Since these Army Oficer Aptitude tests are presented to you as part of an assessment centre, it is unlikely to be on a pass/fail basis.
- Each test is presented under exam conditions with a strict time limit.
Army Officer Aptitude Tests Tips
- There are a specific number of multiple choice questions, and you must answer as many as possible in the time allowed.
- Your score will be compared with those of the Army Officer applicant ‘norm’ group, based upon previous years’ Army Officer applicants.
Personality Test for Army Officers Intro
This profiles your personality. The personality test is used as part of the interviewing process. Specifically, to flag where interview questions should probe further.
Personality Test for Army Officers Tips
Here are some useful tips for the Army Officer personality test:
- Obtain practice material from the AOSC (Army Officer Selection Centre).
- Remember that are not expected to answer all the questions – aim for at least 70 –
- 80%, and be as accurate as possible as you may have marks deducted for
- wrong answers.
- • You haven’t got time to check each of your answers thoroughly so resist the
Army Aptitude Test Design
Rob Williams Assessment has worked extensively with the British Army. We developed numerical reasoning test designs for trainee soldiers. Also, for trainee Officers in the Army. This large project involved:
- Designing over 20 SJTs.
- 2 realistic job previews.
- 2 ability tests (numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning).
- Personality questionnaires and
- Career guidance tests.
The three primary abilities are key to Army training:
- Firstly, Numerical ability.
- Secondly, Verbal ability.
- Thirdly, Spatial ability.
Army Officer Practice Test Design
In 2013/14 , Rob Williams Assessment designed the folwwing Army tests.
- A bespoke situational judgement test for Army Officers.
- Plus, a realistic job preview for Army Officers.
- Army Officer verbal reasoning.
- Officer numerical reasoning test.
- A bespoke Army Officer personality questionnaire for use at the ADSC selection centre at Sandhurst.
- Decision-making test for Army Officers.
Soldier Practice Test Design
First of all, a situational judgement test. Second, a realistic job preview for Army soldiers, by keeping the most effective questions based on the trial results analysis. So, to summarise, two tests were created. An Army soldier numeracy skills. Plus, a Soldier literacy skills test. We recommend our Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests book. It contains several Armed Services tests. Firstly, Army practice literacy tests; secondly, Navy practice literacy tests; and thirdly, RAF practice verbal reasoning tests.
Psychometric test tips
We believe these are the best general practice tips:
- Firstly, practise right up to your test day.
- Secondly, study the format of your test questions.
- Thirdly, use questions of a similar format and difficulty level.
- Fourthly, look up new words in the dictionary.
- Next, keep your Army practice test focused on those test materials that are closest to the actual test you will be taking.
- Finally, focus on why you keep getting particular questions wrong.
Other Aptitude Test Books
- How to Pass Graduate Psychometric Tests
- …Pass Selection Tests
- How to Succeed in Psychometric Tests
- …Civil Service Qualifying Tests
- How to Pass Verbal Reasoning Tests
- …Pass Numeracy Tests
- How to Master Psychometric Tests
- …Pass Professional Level Psychometric Tests
- Test Yourself!
- How to Pass the Police Initial Recruitment Test
- Advanced Verbal Reasoning Tests
Firstly, some useful mental Maths practice. .
Secondly, how to improve your spelling and grammar.