Welcome to our feature on Army Officer graduate entry and Army Officer STEM career options.
The whole process can take up to 6-9 months and between that period one might get a letter or a call. The officer training will be for 6 months from the time of the selection. The joining process is quite flexible and can work as per the timing and circumstance of the applicant.
Applying for army officer training
- An Army Officer career in the British Army is one of the most prestigious jobs in the world.
- Since there’s is tremendous career potential.
- One can make a real difference in the world by serving in the army and also provide humanitarian support to the needy.
British Army Officer entry requirents
The British Army is one of the most technologically advanced groups in the world.
Hence, there are certain requirements that one needs to fulfil before thinking of enlisting.
One can apply:
- Between the age group of 17 years and 9 months to 28 years and 11 months of age.
- For the full army office scholarship program at the age of 12.
- If you are older than 29 years, then they should be backed by a regiment or a corps group. The professionally qualified officers or PQO are individuals show want to serve the army as offices using a set of skills and qualifications.
- And take up internship programs in the army as well. HEre you need to spend a year as a young officer with the army before or during the time, they are a part of the university. The internship sessions start in September every year, so one should be applying between August and December.
An army office jo
British Army structure
Inside the army, there are many divisions and the heart of the whole battalion are the officers.
The officer ranks allow an individual to set a benchmark for all the soldiers out there as they are the ones that support the team to overcome all kinds of challenges.
An officer always leads from the front and it is not a matter of question whether it’s a land mission or a sea mission, one will find an officer in all these situations.
In both supporting and combat roles, one will find an officer leading the infantry.
There is not just one officer role and many different officer ranks too.
- There’s no set educational background requirements.
- So, even with basic educational qualifications, one can easily apply for the army role.
- Each kind of officer has a different role and as per the profiling of the individual, that person will be able to apply for the ideal role.
- One can enter the force as a regular office through the direct entry as well.
- Direct entry offices start their training at Sandhurst from the secondary education level.
- They will lead the front and take care of fellow soldiers as well, once they have completed their training at the Royal Military Academy.
Army Officer interview process
The process of interview:
- Is quite standard.
- Involves local recruiters who will scan you first then they will be booked as an officer.
Army Officer Graduate Entry
The Army Officer selection board (AOSB) managers Army Officer Graduate Entry.
- Many graduates join the Army as trainee officers.
- Entry in the army requires interested candidates to undertake the army test practice.
- A full range of psychometric tests assessing intelligence, personality, and aptitude skill levels.
Applicants for an Army Officer role complete several additional stages. These include pre-training medical, eye and fitness tests.A career in the armed forces provides opportunities to individuals interested in becoming defenders of the free.
Graduates can apply for a broad range of specialisation, including engineering, logistics, and medical support.
Potential Army Officers and trainee Army soldiers alike will all need to meet strict qualifications before entry into various positions in the armed forces.
Stages of the Army Officer assessment process
It is like an assessment centre. Not really a place; rather it is a lengthy process for selecting
people for jobs.
• Army Officer assessment on a number of dimensions – for example, leadership ability,
team working, decision making.
• A range of Army Officer assessment techniques – for example, interviews, psychometric
tests, individual and group exercises.
• A number of high ranking Army Officer assessors to make the selection process is as fair as possible.
Army soldier selection events
These events are
- Designed to persuade the people for joining the army.
- During the recent pandemic period, such events have shifted to the online platform.
- One can find a number of enlisting options if they search on the web.
- There are tons of experienced professionals that will be able to guide you through the whole process.
- They can explain their personal take on their appointment in the British army.
Army Officer jobs
There’s a vast range of Army Officer jobs, including: HR, Logistics, Engineering, Education and Medicine.
- Communication troop officers coordinate with soldiers on the battlefield; they are responsible for communication using equipment like satellite systems.
- Aviation support officers are responsible for managing soldiers who maintain and refuel helicopters for various tasks.
- Medical support officers direct and lead medical teams that frontline casualties rely on for treatment.
- Design engineer team officers in the army need to have an accredited engineering degree to reach chartered status.
- The position of learning development officer provides an individual with the opportunity to gain PGCE (teaching) and TEFL qualifications.
Army Soldier Entry
Every soldier entry’s BARB test results determine their suitability for several soldier roles within the British Army. This feedback is produced on the basis of cut-off scores for each of the soldier trainee roles.
There are five Army soldier aptitude sub-tests which are used:
- Reasoning test / logical reasoning ability test.
- Letter checking.
- Number distance.
- Odd one out word test.
- Symbol rotation test.
Army Officer Assessment Process
Every Army Officer selection day which the AOSB runs involves a
- Number of dimensions, leadership ability, team working, decision making.
- Range of assessment techniques: interviews, psychometric tests, individual and group exercises.
- Number of high ranking Army Officer assessors to make the selection process is as fair as possible. The overall decision to hire is made by consensus.
- Several Army Officer candidates are observed together.
Army Officer STEM Careers Guidance
Five increasingly popular army Officer STEM career options after working for the military are:
- Business and Finance
- Social Work
What are the top post-Army Officer Careers?
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) offers fast-growing opportunities. In particular, these STEM roles:
- Cyber security.
- Information Security Analyst.
- Computer Network Architects.
- Civil Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Medical Scientists (clinical).
- Medical Scientists (lab).
Cyber security career options
This information technology security / cyber security uses technology to monitor, mitigate and prevent online threats.
Secondly, cyber security work is interesting and thirdly, there are plenty of job opportunities. In our opinion and most importantly, the pay is pretty good too!
Army Officer Graduate Entry
Armed services jobs that transition well are:
- Army Cyber Operations Specialists.
- RAF Cyber Security Specialists.
- Navy Cyber Security Engineers (Officer), Cryptologic and Info Systems Technicians.
- Army Information Assurance Technicians.
- Info Systems Technicians.
Army Officer Graduate Entry
Other Armed Services psychometric Practice Tests
- Most of our aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice resources are offered free of charge.
- Firstly our how to Pass Army psychometric Tests. and secondly our popular feature describing
- Then next our Our Army assessment design project and new Army psychometric test designs.
Navy psychometric test tips
Our Armed Services Career Resources
Firstly, our Armed Services graduate entry feature on What is Armed Services graduate entry?
Secpndly, our Armed Services careers feature on popular post-Armed Services career options.
* * Content updated October 2021 * *