Our focus here is on leadership coaching, leadership assessment and coachability assessment tools.
- Leadership change coaching.
- Free coachability assessment tool.
- Executive profiling.
- Free change readiness assessment tool.
- Executive assessment.
Leadership Coaching Preparedness
Hogrefe’s and Hogan’s Leadership Assessments available
|BOMAT (Form D)|
|Leadership Judgment Indicator LJI-2 (Global)|
|Hogrefe (Sales) LJI-2|
|Leadership Judgement Indicator LJI-2 (Standard)|
|Hogan Personality Inventory|
|Hogan Development Survey for motivation|
|Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory|
Other Popular Leadership Assessment Tests available
- MBTI for personality type
- California Personality Inventory for personality traits
- Transformational leadership
- Emotional Intelligence measures: the Emotional Judgement Inventory
- Resilience measures
- Leadership derailers such as Hogan’s Dark Side
- FIRO B for interpersonal relations
Leadership Change Consulting Projects
- BBC Worldwide development centres and feedback report writing for leadership group
- BAe Systems development centres and feedback delivery for senior managers
- British American Tobacco development centres (in the UK and the Ukraine) and report writing
- BNP Paribas development centres, report writing, feedback, development plan coaching
- King’s College London – development events as part of change programme
- Director-level assessments and report-writing for Hilton and Radisson hotels
- Executive assessments for various NHS Primary Care Trusts (Chairman level)
- Financial Services Authority – assessing and report writing
- Assessing/report writing for the Department for International Development (Senior Directors), the Ministry of Justice and Dept. of Health
- 2-year recruitment project for all levels of a shared service centre (the DVLA)
In-depth individual executive assessments are for senior-level appointments. It’s always important to find the right person for a job and to sift out unsuitable applicants. For high-level recruitment it’s particularly important, since a poor selection can prove to be an extremely expensive mistake.
Executive Profile Fit
The candidate goes through a series of tests and exercises, including an extensive interview. Executive assessment uses high-level aptitude tests and a general personality questionnaire. Plus other more specific personality questionnaires, such as those that measure relationship building or conflict management.
Bespoke role plays also feature in executive assessments depending upon the nature of the role, for example a media-handling role play exercise if that is pertinent to the job.
Leadership Change Coaching.
General Personality Tests available for Executive Assessments
- SHL’s Occupational Personality Questionnaire (the 32-scale OPQ).
- Kenexa’s OPI.
- OPP’s 16PF5 Personality Questionnaire, MBTI Step I, MBTI Step II and the California Personality Inventory.
- Saville Consulting’s Wave Styles.
- Talent Q’s Dimensions.
Specific Personality Tests available for Executive Assessments
- Hogan Development Survey (de-railers)
- Kenexa and SHL’s Motivation Questionnaires
- FIRO-B (relationship building)
- MBTI for Teams (team relationships) and MBTI for Coaching
- EJI and EIQ (emotional intelligence measures)
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode (conflict management)
- SHL’s Corporate Culture Questionnaire and Customer Contact Styles Questionnaire
Korn Ferry Executive Assessments available
Pearson Executive Assessments Available
|Raven’s Standard Progressive Matrices (v2.0)|
|Watson-Glaser II (Form D)|
Aon Hewitt Executive Assessments Available
|Swift Analysis Aptitude|
|Swift Executive Aptitude|
|Wave Professional Styles|
Psytech Executive Assessments Available
Hogrefe Executive Assessments Available
|BOMAT (Form D)|
Hogan Executive Assessments Available
|Business Reasoning Inventory|
|Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory|
Cut-e Executive Assessments Available
A&DC Executive Assessments Available
|Call Centre Dilemmas|
|Customer Service Dilemmas|
Executive Assessment Centre Design
We focus here on assessment centre design.
The reliability of any exercise depends upon many factors:
- Quality of the competency framework.
- Use of experienced and well-briefed / well-trained assessors.
- Relevance of the exercise brief to the role being assessed.
Executive Assessment Centre History
Assessment centres have a well-proven track record for recruiting new employees and selecting existing staff for promotion. Research supports their use as one of the most valid and fair processes available to occupational psychologists – if used in accordance with best practice.
An assessment centre involves written exercise, intray exercise, presentation exercise, role play, and / or a group exercise. Group exercises and presentation exercises are particularly popular for graduate assessment centres.
Why use Executive Assessment?
An assessment allows the candidate to demonstrate abilities in practice. Whereas an interview cannot do this.
That said, a well conducted, structured interview should form the foundation of every selection process, For this reason it is typically still used as the final stage of recruitment.
Executive Assessment Centre Fairness
Additional methods of assessment can, therefore:
- Improve the quality and quantity of information on which to base the selection decision
- Allow candidates to demonstrate how they meet requirements, rather than relying on self-report and performance at interview.
The most effective way of predicting job performance is to use a mix of assessment methods and look at the results in an integrated way to build up a picture of the candidate.
The most complex being a full Assessment Centre using a range of tests and exercises. In our opinion, assessment centres have the best ROI for graduate and for managerial positions.
We believe it is less appropriate to use a battery of assessment techniques for jobs requiring basic level skills. Rather than enhancing the outcome, this could put potential applicants off.
Selection decisions are only enhanced if the assessment tool is really needed to get at information that cannot be obtained otherwise.
Using several executive assessments
Using a range of assessment tools has candidate UX benefits. They are more likely to believe the recruitment process is fair and worthwhile. In the knowledge than a single interview can easily be biased.