Firstly, we hope you find our non-tech jobs search useful.
The rise of non-tech jobs
The rise in tech jobs and the growth in tech companies have brought on the inevitable growth of non-tech jobs within tech companies. A recent article on research done by Glassdoor shows the rise in non-tech jobs quite clearly.
Some of the key findings from this research:
- As tech companies grow, so does the need for operations managers, marketing, sales, finance etc.
- Over half of the job vacancies at tech companies are for non-tech roles (54%).
- The five most in-demand non-tech jobs are an account manager, operations manager, account executive and marketing manager.
- The five most in-demand tech jobs are a software engineer, product manager, software development engineer, solutions architect and a web developer.
- According to this research, the average median salary for tech jobs at tech companies in the UK is £40 400 and for non-tech jobs, it is £38 100.
Tech Interview tips
Non-Tech jobs most commonly hired by UK tech companies
|Non-Tech Job Title||Open Jobs at Tech Companies||% of Open Non-Tech Roles|
|Business Development Manager||199||1.6%|
Tech jobs most commonly hired by UK tech companies
|Tech Job Title||Open Jobs at Tech Companies||% of Open Tech Roles|
|Software Development Engineer||367||3.5%|
Accountancy Career Guidance
According to some sources, an audit manager is rated as the best job in the UK for 2019. The question then is how to become an accountant.
A day in the life of an accountant
Being an accountant is one of the top job in the UK for 2020. What does the day in the life of an audit manager look like though?
Accountants usually work within a business with hours starting at 40 per week. This varies and audit managers often work long hours. Even though this seems to be the case, it received the highest job satisfaction scores (4.6 out 5) in the above article.
Consultancy jobs London
The best advice on what to expect from a day in the life of an accountant would, of course, be from an audit manager. One described how about 40% of his day was spent in meetings. The rest of the day was spent reviewing papers, audit findings and audit reports. He also makes it very clear that this is not a ‘keep to yourself’ kind of job and that communication and leadership are very important for success. According to him, some required skills include interviewing, negotiation, having analytical skills, creativity, and also th use of sound judgement to be effective.
Accountant Skills and Responsibilities
To beat the harsh competition for audit manager jobs, you also have to have certain skills to get ahead in the game. Here’s the top competitive skills for audit managers.
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Knowledge
- Information Security
- Project Management and Continuity Skills
- Software and Operating Systems
- A solid grasp of business continuity, project planning and risk assessment
The following would also be personality attributes important to succeed as an accountant:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning
- Attention to detail
Consultancy jobs London
In general accountants will be responsible for the following:
- Identify risks and manage
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Produce reports highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Presenting these ideas to senior management
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules
- Active engagement with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams
- Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
Accounting Jobs Qualifications
You will need at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field. However, a Master’s Degree would give you a more competitive edge. Some employers will also require you to have certain certifications.
Some of the more popular ones are:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants or
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Accounting jobs London
Accountant salary expectations
According to Glassdoor, the average base salary for an accountant is £54 810 nationally. While it is £57 439 in the London area. However, there are accountants reporting to earn as high as £83 156 in the London area.
On the other hand, Jobisjob reports the average salary to be around £58 440.
This will not only depend on the industry but also your experience.
Accountancy jobs – Finding employment
Even though there are currently 12 663 job openings according to Glassdoor, finding an audit manager role can also be very competitive. Here are a few sites for finding the perfect match for you.
Consultancy jobs London
Our Other Consultancy Jobs
- Secondly, Analyst Jobs
- Then next,
- And also,
- Plus also,
- Plus also, Psychologist Jobs
- Finally, Trainer Jobs
Job specific psychometric test practice
Aptitude test practice books
Firstly, Rob Williams’s five practice aptitude tests books are all available on Amazon:
Secondly, in our opinion, Brilliant Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests.
Thirdly, in our opinion Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests.