Firstly, the main focus of this page is grammar school entry.
Grammar School Entry
Secondly, A-level selection at grammar schools.
Thirdly, how some schools, particularly GROMP schools, have successfully created the grammar school ethos.
Fourthly, the latest grammar school news, listed at the bottom of the page.
Getting into grammar school
The ’11’ in the name of the test refers to the school entry age, so most pupils are 10 years old when they sit the exams. Taken by pupils in their last year of primary school who are looking to gain a state-funded grammar school place,
The test is not the same everywhere. Different schools using varying combinations of the four testing areas.
A-levels at grammar schools
England’s best girls’ grammar school, the Henrietta Barnett in north London, is among those dropping several A-levels, and relying on donations from parents.
St Joseph’s College is one of a group of three Catholic grammar schools that includes St Ambrose.
Other 11 Plus Papers news:
11 Plus Maths / Grammar School Entrance
Literacy Tips / Test Practice / School Entrance Exams
Free 11 Plus Test Paper Sites
Psychometric test practice
- Firstly, Aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice.
- Secondly, Numerical reasoning test practice.
- Thirdly, Verbal reasoning test practice.
- And next, Situational judgement test practice.
- Also then, Passing situational judgment tests.
- Plus, Situational judgment test tips.
- And then, Verbal reasoning test practice and Verbal reasoning test tips.
- Also next, SHL test practice.
- Plus, Cubiks test practice.
- And finally, UKCAT test practice.
Our 11 Plus Blog at sister site School Entrance Tests
Top Tips for Successful 11-plus Preparation / Percentage pass marks for the 11-plus? / 11 Plus Test Papers from Days Gone By / Some last minute 11 Plus Strategies / Taking it to the Next 11 Plus Exam / Grammar School Entry / 11+ Maths practice / 11 Plus Maths Tips / 11 Plus Non verbal reasoning tips / 11+ Exams Practice