Welcome to our GMAT preparation and GMAT admissions page.
GMAT admissions test
The GMAT is taken by graduate managerial school applicants. It assesses the candidates’ reasoning in brief passages or statements.
Other factors, such as undergraduate grades, interviews and recommendation letters also form part of the graduate managerial school assessment.
The relative importance of the GMAT score within these multiple criteria depends upon the individual institution.
GMAT Preparation Tips
- Practice as many realistic GMAT questions as you can. This helps you to develop the most effective GMAT strategies for you personally.
- Selecting the best possible answer since there may be more than one possible answer.
- Looking for any answer option that is clearly wrong because it is incompatible… then eliminating it.
- Even if you then need to guess, doing the elimination exercise detailed above will have increased the likelihood of your guess being correct.
- Noting that there is a small score deduction for every wrong answer given. However no marks are deducted if ta question is left blank.
Our other aptitude test practice
We also offer:
- Abstract reasoning test practice – We hope your enjoy our abstract reasoning test tips.
- Aptitude test tips – Enjoy our free verbal reasoning test tips and personality test strategies.
- Psychometric test tips – We hope you enjoy our free practice resources.
US College Admissions
Here’s our College Admissions – standardized testing info.
- Accessing PSAT Scores(for counselors)
- PSAT/NMSQT Score Cut Offs By State – Compass Prep
- PSAT Prep Material – Khan Academy
- College Board’s Old SAT – New SAT Score Converter – The College Board
- New SAT – Old SAT – ACT Concordance Tables – The College Board
- SAT-ACT, ACT-SAT Score Conversion – Convert Your Score . org
- (old) ACT Writing Test Scores in Relation to Other Scores – pdf –ACT.org
- The ACT Superscore School List – pdf- The Princeton Review
- ACT Writing Test Rubric – ACT.org
- Archived SAT Score Order Form – to get those old test scores
- State-by-state Tests Used (Gr. 3-8) & High School Graduation– pdf
GMAT and GRE Admissions Tools
- College Navigator.
- Test Optional School List.
- Estimating the Return to College Selectivity over the Career .
10 personality tips to help your Study Skills
- Find time to study. If you manage your time badly, inevitably you will be less productive than if you manage it well. This can lead to increased stress and anxiety levels, especially around exam time.
- Keep to a routine. Work in the same place at the same time each day. Also, make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- Work to your strengths. Schedule challenging tasks for when you are most alert, and routine ones for when you may be feeling more tired.
- Don’t waste time. Skim and scan before reading something in-depth.
- Avoid distractions. Switch emails and social media off to prevent your mind wandering !
- Regularly review your notes. Edit out what you don’t need. Ask yourself, how does it relate to what I already know.
- Vary how you to take notes – For example, use Mind Maps and diagrams to generate ideas.
- Be critical. Add your own comment to every concept or quotation that you write down. Maintain a critical and analytical approach at all times!
- Plan your work. If writing an assignment produce a detailed plan before you start to write it. This will make the drafting process much less stressful
- Understand different styles
GMAT Admissions Test
Our Practice assessment books
Numerical Reasoning book reviews
Brilliant book. Read it from cover to cover. Don’t skip the chapters. I know it can seem patronising, the way he breaks it down, but I’d recommend reading it through.
Very clear layout to follow, questions advance over the chapters and it sets a steady pace. This book helped me immensely to get all the practice I needed within 3 days.
Numerical Reasoning book reviews
Another really useful book by Rob!
I heartily recommend.
Great book and pretty hard numerical exercises.
A very user-friendly and easy to read guide. Really focuses your mind on brushing up on your Maths skills. The author explains clearly how you can prepare to give your best for a test. Very useful and highly recommended.
Great book, tons of info and test to help you understand.
Great to get some practical help on how to succeed … at this stage of selection. I will recommend to anyone who needs to get through a numerical reasoning test.
GMAT Admissions Test
Passing Verbal Reasoning book reviews
The recaps at the end of every chapter are great for a quick overview before test day. D
Verbal Book reviews
An informative yet easy to read book which helped me get through graduate-level tests to the next stages of application. Would highly recommend.
Passed the VRT for HMRC Legal Trainee Scheme this year after reading this book. Helpful.
Very useful and good practice.
Just what I needed to further my career. Now I’ve tried the tests I feel more confident.
Good quality and light reading!
An excellent guide to performing well in verbal reasoning tests.
GRE College Admissions
Further Tests practice
We offer many other free psychometric tips and practice tests:
- Critical verbal reasoning tips.
- LNAT critical verbal reasoning tips.
- Psychometric test tips.
- Aptitude test tips.
- Personality test tips.
- Maths practice.
- Verbal reasoning test tips.
- Numerical reasoning test practice.
- Situational judgement test practice and tips.
- English comprehension practice.
- Literacy practice.
- SHL practice tests.